Do you have experience securing grants and major gifts to help fund change? Are you passionate about creating a safer world for future generations? Do you want to take the next step in your fundraising career yet retain a good work-life balance?
The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament is recruiting for a part-time Fundraising Officer focusing on Grants and Major Gifts to join our friendly team. This is a pivotal role in the organisation, responsible for the development and implementation of our major gifts and grant fundraising strategies.
You’ll have good knowledge of trust fundraising and be enthusiastic about cultivating major donors. You will have demonstrable experience in most of the following: trust funding, major donor relationship cultivation, legacy administration and promotion, relational databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge), and digital communications.
CND campaigns non-violently to achieve nuclear disarmament in Britain and around the world. Now is a crucial time for CND.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of CND
- Experience of Trust funding
- Experience of high value donor management
- Ability to plan strategically, set achievable goals and be flexible in a changing working environment
- Experience of data management and evidence based supporter targeting in fundraising activities, ideally in the voluntary sector
- Experience of using relational databases (preferably Raisers Edge) and Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent organisational abilities, ideally evident in a campaigning environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience of legacy administration and promotion
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working to and meeting tight deadlines, taking initiative, prioritising
- Commitment to an equal opportunities policy
- Working knowledge of GDPR and data protection legislation
- Experience of working in a membership department or customer relations
- A clean driving licence
The role is conveniently based at our office on Holloway Road. The hours are 17.5 per week and the position is temporary, with the contract initially for 18 months and subject to a 3-month probationary period. The salary is £34,147 per annum pro rata (subject to an annual review) and the successful candidate will be entitled to 28 days pro rata of holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding role and want to help us maximise our income to reach our goal, please read the job description and apply as soon as possible, by completing our application form and sending it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews with candidates that meet our requirements will be arranged as soon as possible; there is no fixed deadline.
For an informal chat about the position please telephone CND Treasurer Linda Hugl on 07802 412-348 or email email@example.com. The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament is committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience. Please contact us to discuss any accessibility requirements you may have.