The Abolition 2000 Coordinating Committee invites you to join an international webinar on preserving the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) treaty.
Presenters from the U.S., Russia, Germany and the UK will discuss the history and significance of the INF Treaty and the importance of working to preserve it.
Join this webinar to learn more about the INF Treaty, the risks if we lose it, and what civil society can do to protect the Treaty and prevent the development and deployment of new nuclear weapons.
Expert speakers will include:
- Andrew Lichterman (USA), Western States Legal Foundation
- Regina Hagen (Germany), Abolition 2000 Germany Section
- Dave Webb (UK), Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament
- Pavel Podvig (Russia), United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research
To attend this webinar and for more information on it, please click visit abolition 2000’s website, here.
For all enquiries, contact Jackie Cabasso at: email@example.com
Please note: the time of this event has been converted to the UK’s time zone.
Background documents useful for this webinar:
- Renew Nuclear Arms Control, Don’t Destroy It. By Andrew Lichterman and John Burroughs. http://www.ipsnews.net/2019/01/renew-nuclear-arms-control-dont-destroy/
- Parliamentary action to preserve the Intermediate Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty. http://www.pnnd.org/article/parliamentary-action-preserve-intermediate-nuclear-forces-inf-treaty