Thank you for your interest in working or volunteering for CND. All of our current vacancies will be listed below.
We are always happy to hear from keen activists or volunteers, so if you would like to show your interest, but not for one of the roles below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you want to help!
If you submitted an application between December 20 and December 28 but have not received a confirmation, please submit it again.
Do you have experience in inspiring supporters to help fund change? Are you passionate about creating a safer world for future generations? Do you want to take the next step in your fundraising career yet retain a good work-life balance?
The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament is recruiting for a part-time Fundraising Manager to join our friendly team. This is a pivotal role in the organisation, responsible for encouraging new financial support as well as keeping current supporters updated and inspired so they continue to give.
You’ll have good knowledge of direct marketing techniques and be enthusiastic about writing fundraising strategy. You will have demonstrable experience in most of the following; relational databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge), warm donor cash appeals, legacy administration and promotion, trust funding, digital communications, new donor acquisition and major donor relationship cultivation.
CND campaigns non-violently to achieve nuclear disarmament in Britain and around the world. Now is a crucial time for CND.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of CND
- Ability to plan strategically, set achievable goals and be flexible in a changing working environment
- Experience of project managing direct marketing campaigns, including budget management
- Experience of data management and evidence based supporter targeting in fundraising activities, ideally in the voluntary sector
- Experience of using relational databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge) and Excel spreadsheets
- Experience of using digital channels for marketing events, products or services
- Experience of trust funding and high-value donor management
- Excellent organisational abilities, ideally evident in a campaigning environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working to and meeting tight deadlines, taking initiative, prioritising.
- Ability to manage, support and help co-ordinate volunteers
- Commitment to an equal opportunities policy
- Experience of selling campaigning merchandise
- Working knowledge of GDPR and data protection legislation
- Experience of working in a membership department or customer relations
- Ability to prepare and work to budgets
The role is conveniently based at our office on Holloway Road. The hours are 17.5 per week and the position is temporary, with the contract forecast to last 12 months and subject to a 3-month probationary period. The salary is £34,147 per annum pro rata (subject to an annual review) and the successful candidate will be entitled to 28 days pro rata of holiday and a contributory pension scheme.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding role and want to help us maximise our income to reach our goal, please read the job description and apply by 17th January 2019, using our application form and returning by email to email@example.com. Interviews are planned to be held on January 25th 2019.
For an informal chat about the position please telephone CND Treasurer Linda Hugl on 07802 412-348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament is committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience. Please contact us to discuss any accessibility requirements you may have.
Membership and Fundraising Assistant
CND needs volunteers to assist our Membership and Fundraising Team. If you have experience using Excel or with data entry, and are able to come into the CND office for at least half a day a week, please contact email@example.com