Press Conference – 11 am Tuesday 16 March, Stop the War Offices, 17 Britannia Street, London, WC1X 9JP
CND, the Stop the War Coalition and the Muslim Association of Britain are holding a national demonstration on Saturday 20th March to mark the 1st anniversary of the Iraq war. The demonstration is calling for an end to the lies surrounding the war. Kate Hudson, Chair of CND will attend the press conference along with representatives from Stop the War Coalition and MAB. They will be joined by Jeremy Corbyn MP, George Galloway MP and Human Rights Lawyer Louise Christian.
Many thousands are expected to attend the demonstration which will assemble at 12 noon at Speakers Corner in Hyde Park and march to Trafalgar Square for a rally. The march is part of an international day of action against war, mourning the loss of innocent lives through illegal aggression which has resulted in a humanitarian disaster and fuelled rather then diminished terrorist activity.
Kate Hudson, Chair of CND said:
“One year on from the war the British people have still not had the answers to their legitimate questions. Why did we go into an illegal war? On what justification? On what evidence? Who made those decisions? These questions are not going to go away and our government sinks further in to disrepute by avoiding them. We continue to demand an independent public inquiry into the war.”
Notes to Editor
1. For further information please contact Ruth Tanner CND’s Press & Communications Officer on 0207 7002350 or 07968 420859
2. CND is one of the organisers of the demonstration to mark the anniversary of the Iraq war on Saturday 20th March. For further information contact Ruth Tanner CND’s Press & Communications Officer on 0207 7002350
3. Press Conference – Tuesday 16 March, 11am at 17 Britannia Street London, WC1X 9JP
4. Photo opportunities
An inflatable Trident Missile (Britain’s own WMD) will be being blown up at 10am on the morning of the 20th March at the Speakers Corner End of North Carriage Drive. There will be Weapons Inspectors with signs saying ‘We’ve found the WMD’.
5. On Wednesday evening at 8pm in the CND office, 162 Holloway Road, there will be lots of people making placards, signs and costumes to take to the march on Saturday.
6. For interviews with Kate Hudson, Chair of CND, Bruce Kent, Vice President of CND, Sophie Bolt, Chair of London Region CND please contact Ruth Tanner CND’s Press & Communications Officer on 0207 7002350 or 07968 420859