US President Donald Trump is visiting the UK from June 3th-5th on a state visit.
Trump’s behaviour since his inauguration has angered and galvanised campaigners on a wide range of subjects. CND has criticised his development of new nuclear weapons which make nuclear war more likely, his disregard for international treaties and the rules-based international order which keeps the world safe and his reckless language when talking about nuclear weapons and war.
Read CND’s briefing on why we oppose President Trump’s policies
Huge protests were mobilised when Trump visited the UK last July – an estimated 250,000 people took to the streets of London. Let’s make this year’s protests even bigger!
Where and when are the protests taking place?
June 3rd: On 3 June, the day he arrives, there will be local protests around the country and in London we will be protesting at Buckingham Palace that evening if he is invited to a banquet there. The Women’s Peace Council is also organising a People’s Banquet in the evening – details here.
There are also protests taking place in Manchester, Bristol and Oxford, amongst others.
June 4th: Together against Trump has called a national protest, supported by CND, on Tuesday June 4th – details here. There will be music and a rally in Trafalgar Square starting at 11am and we will then march to wherever Trump is at the time.
There are also protests taking place in Stoke-on-Trent and Edinburgh.
June 5th: There will be protests in Portsmouth where Trump is attending a D-Day commemoration.
Trump’s itinerary has not been finalised and we will have to be flexible, but further protests are expected. Follow CND’s twitter account (@CNDuk) for all the latest updates.
For any enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7700 2393
How you can get involved
- Join and share the Facebook event for the national demonstration
- Keep an eye on this page for details of other protests, including ones across the country. And please let us know (email@example.com or 020 7700 2393) if you are organising one in your area.
- Support our work in helping to stage these protests by making a donation to CND today.
- Join CND to be a part of the Together against Trump movement
- Let us know if you are available between June 3rd-5th to help CND at the protests (firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7700 2393)