US President Donald Trump is visiting the UK from June 3th-5th on a state visit.
Trump’s behaviour since his inauguration has angered and galvanised campaigners on a wide range of subjects. CND has criticised his development of new nuclear weapons which make nuclear war more likely, his disregard for international treaties and the rules-based international order which keeps the world safe and his reckless language when talking about nuclear weapons and war.
Huge protests were mobilised when Trump visited the UK last July – an estimated 250,000 people took to the streets of London. Let’s make this year’s protests even bigger!
Where and when are the protests taking place?
June 3rd: On 3 June, the day he arrives, there will be local protests around the country and in London we will be protesting at Buckingham Palace that evening if he is invited to a banquet there. The Women’s Peace Council is also organising a People’s Banquet in the evening – details here.
June 4th: Together against Trump has called a national protest, supported by CND, on Tuesday June 4th – details here. There will be music and a rally in Trafalgar Square starting at 11am and we will then march to wherever Trump is at the time.
June 5th: There will be protests in Portsmouth where Trump is attending a D-Day commemoration.
Trump’s itinerary has not been finalised and we will have to be flexible, but further protests are expected. Follow CND’s twitter account (@CNDuk) for all the latest updates.
For any enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7700 2393
How you can get involved
- Join and share the Facebook event for the national demonstration
- Keep an eye on this page for details of other protests, including ones across the country. And please let us know (email@example.com or 020 7700 2393) if you are organising one in your area.
- Support our work in helping to stage these protests by making a donation to CND today.
- Join CND to be a part of the Together against Trump movement
- Let us know if you are available between June 3rd-5th to help CND at the protests (firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7700 2393)