5 October 2004: For immediate release
Big names in music and the peace movement are coming together to raise money for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament at The Legion, Old Street, on Thursday 7th October. Damon Albarn will be making a guest appearance and doing a DJ set. There will also be an Audio Visual set from Chris Allen of the spectacular Light Surgeons who made an incredible impact at the last Protest and Survive event back in May. DJ Erol Alkan will also be doing a set.
As well as music there will be speakers from the peace and anti-war movement. Speakers include Bruce Kent, Kate Hudson, Chair of CND and Jeremy Corbyn MP.
The event will raise money for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament and will support the ‘Countdown to Hiroshima’ campaign. This is a year-long campaign in the run up to the 60th anniversary of the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945. The event will raise awareness of Government policy on nuclear weapons which CND considers to be hypocritical and dangerous.
– end –
Notes to editor:
1. For further information please contact Kim Manning Cooper on 07751628174
2. Event details: Thursday 7TH October, 7PM till midnight, at The Legion, 348 Old Street, London, EC1
3. Music/Film/Speeches – Featuring Damon Albarn (DJ set), Chris Allen (The Light Surgeons), Erol Alkan, Bruce Kent, Kate Hudson, CND Chair, Jeremy Corbyn MP + More, Admission £5
4. The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament is one of Europe’s biggest single-issue peace campaigns, with over 32,000 members in the UK
5. For further information on CND please contact Ruth Tanner, CND’s Press and Communications Officer on 020 7700 2350 or 07968 420 859