Please find below a draft motion on Palestine from CND’s Trade Union Advisory Group to submit to your trade union branch to then take to regional and national conferences.
This union believes that:
• These latest attacks are a continuation of more than 75 years of Israeli crimes committed against the Palestinian people, including belligerent occupation, settler colonialism and Apartheid.
• Israel’s actions and escalation are enabled and facilitated by the impunity afforded it by the international community, who provide it with the weapons, machinery and technology to maintain its illegal occupation and to undertake its attacks.
• As trade unionists we must always stand on the side of justice, both in word and in deed.
• Lobbying our governments and issuing statements must be coupled with trade union action, ensuring that we are practically contributing to Palestinian liberation.
This union resolves:
To respond to the call from Palestinian trade unions by:
• Encouraging and pledging practical support to members who refuse to build or handle weapons destined for Israel.
• Providing education about the occupation of Palestine to members in workplaces involved in the building and transportation of weapons destined for Israel, including video conversations with representatives from Palestine’s trade unions.
• Examining our institutions’ contractual agreements to ensure we are not doing business with companies involved in implementing Israel’s brutal and illegal siege on Gaza, particularly military companies.
• Examining our institutions’ investments to ensure we are not financing companies involved in implementing Israel’s brutal and illegal siege on Gaza, particularly military companies.