CND arranged a webinar on radiation and women’s health in August 2020, with speakers Cindy Folkers, Mary Olson and Dr Ian Fairlie.
Cindy is Beyond Nuclear’s expert on ionizing radiation and its impact on health and the environment; Mary Olson is the founder, and Acting Director of the Gender and Radiation Impact Project; and Dr Ian Fairlie is CND’s science adviser and a leading consultant on radioactivity in the environment.
You can watch a recording of the event below.
You may also find the following further reading list, recommended by the speakers, useful:
- United Nations Special Rapporteur’s report on Fukushima
- Gender and Radiation Impact project
- Book – Carbon Free, and Nuclear Free by Dr Arjun Makhijani
- Caufield C (1990) Multiple Exposures: Chronicles of the Radiation Age. Penguin Books. London UK
- Jean-Philippe Desbordes Atomic Park : A la recherche des victimes du nucléaire. Actes Sud, France 2006.
- Greene G (1999) The Woman Who Knew Too Much. University of Michigan Press. Ann Arbor, MI, US.
- Malley C. Marjorie (2011) Radioactivity: A History of a Mysterious Science, Oxford University Press. New York, US.
- Proctor RN (1995) Cancer Wars: How Politics Shapes What We Know and Don’t Know about Radiation. Basic Books. New York, NY, US
- Ian Fairlie website