Voluntary placements at the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) offer an opportunity for you to gain valuable experience in the voluntary sector and further your career goals. At the same time you’ll be giving CND essential help to campaign non-violently to rid the world of nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction, creating genuine security for future generations.
We are currently looking for a voluntary Campaigns Assistant to provide support to CND’s Campaigns team. They will preferably be available to volunteer 2 or 3 days per week for a period of at least 3 months starting as soon as possible.
Although this is a voluntary position, agreed travel and lunch expenses will be met. This position is ideal for either a recent graduate or for a current student who is looking to gain practical and wide-ranging experience in a campaigning environment.
While the responsibilities of this position will vary depending on the shifting needs of the Campaign, the list below is to give an idea of the kind of work which could be involved:
- Assisting with events and actions
- Helping to source information for fact sheets, briefings and reports
- Drafting press releases and articles
- Drafting e-bulletins to our supporters
- Assisting with CND’s social media presence
- Maintaining and developing databases
- General administrative duties
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of CND
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills
- A sound knowledge of current affairs and international issues
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of updating/maintaining a website using a content management system
- Experience of working in a campaigning environment
- Studying towards or a degree in politics / history / international relations or similar.
How to apply
Please send the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter describing how you meet the person specification, why you want to work in this position and your availability.
- Your up to date CV (with contact details for 2 referees).
- A link to or copy of a brief writing sample.
- A completed CND equality and diversity monitoring form.