The announcement of AUKUS, the military partnership between the UK, the US and Australia, is a dangerous escalation in the West’s ongoing confrontation with China.
Spreading nuclear technology is at the heart of the deal: the US and UK are collaborating with Australia to provide them with nuclear-powered submarines. This risks nuclear proliferation and is a breach of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
International day of action
- Join the International Day of Action on Saturday, December 11th. CND has joined with the Australian and US peace movements to draw public attention to AUKUS. Actions and events will be planned across the country: get involved!
- Ask your MP to sign Early Day Motion 493. You can read the full text here.
- If you are a member of a trade union branch, please get a motion adopted opposing AUKUS. Model motion here. The 2021 Labour Party conference voted to oppose the deal – with 77% of the trade union vote against AUKUS.
- Labour CND has produced a model motion for local Labour party branches to adopt in support of the anti-AUKUS campaign. Click here to view.
- Order leaflets for your stall or next event.
- Read CND’s briefing on why we oppose AUKUS.
- Watch CND and Stop the War’s emergency online rally with our panel of experts and activists discussing the dangers ahead and how best to organise against this destabilising development:
- Time to stand up and oppose the government’s reckless and illegal foreign policy: read CND General Secretary Kate Hudson’s blog on the deal