CND is participating in this weekend camp marking International Peace Day, which will explore issues, attitudes and ethics related to nuclear weapons and war.
Confirmed sessions include:
• A leg of the CND ‘Global Dangers’ speaking tour with CND Vice-Chair Hannah Tweddell
• Campaign Against Arms Trade – UK arms industry and opposition
• Dr Rebecca Johnson – Founding President, ICAN (International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons) 2017 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, on the Nuclear Ban Treaty and Greenham Common Women’s Peace Camp
• David Cullen, Nuclear Information Service – ‘Trouble Ahead’ update on UK nuclear weapons programme and serious problems emerging.
• Andrea Needham, author ‘The Hammerblow’ jailed activist found not guilty after bashing up a war plane
• Veterans for Peace (VFP)
• Nigel Day, Nukewatch – routes of nuclear warhead convoys on our roads
• Dave Webb, Global Network against Weapons and Nuclear power in Space
• Braziers Park – History and peace work
• Greenpeace – the anti nuclear testing campaign and founding of Greenpeace
• War School film on normalisation of war, strategic indoctrination of schoolchildren, with Mic Dixon, Pow Productions
• Conchies Edinburgh fringe sell-out production – about a conscientious objectors community WWII.
• Ruth Garwood, Braziers Park, a peace poetry walk in the grounds
• Trident Tiddlywinks – thought provoking games by Sarah LeFevre of ‘Games for Good’
• Music-in-the-barn – Peggy Seeger (in conversation & song), Robb Johnson,
Seize the Day
• Late-night bonfire – storytelling/singsong
• Quiet meetings / meditations
• Peace activism exhibition
• Non violent communication (NVC) Clare Palmer
• Non violent direct action (NVDA)
• Peaceful action planning
Saturday’s evening music event and the Sunday play are both £6, and all other sessions and workshops are free.
Camping £20 per person for the weekend/£10 concessions; camper van £10 and cars £5. Vegetarian and vegan catering will be available at reasonable costs.
See www.braziers.org.uk/action-for-peace for details. For any enquiries in the meantime, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org