If you’re enthusiastic about campaigning against nuclear weapons and the role young people play in creating a safer and better world for generations to come, we need you!
Youth and Student CND is run by volunteers and we need more of our supporters to get involved so we can make a bigger impact. Whether you can take on a regular responsibility or would like to offer your time and skills when possible, please get in touch. No previous experience needed – we just need people with ideas, passion and dedication to the cause.
Here are the types of things you could do to help the cause, but if you have any other ways you would like to support, let us know! YSCND members should be 25 years and under or a full-time student.
- Are you a skilled communicator? We need people to write blogs for YSCND’s website and send mailings to members.
- Do you enjoy a social media scroll? Perhaps you would be interested in posting on YSCND’s Instagram, Facebook and Twitter?
- Making links. It’s important that anti-nuclear organisations work with other movements such as those protesting to raise awareness of climate change. Could you be the person who makes and maintains these links with other organisations?
- Are demonstrations your thing? YSCND attends protests to advance our cause. We need someone to be responsible for arranging YSCND’s presence at these protests, which includes coordinating supporters and making sure our banners and placards are taken along.
- Arranging events. In the past, YSCND has organised gigs and workshops. Does this sound like something you would enjoy arranging?
- Can you get us more money and supporters? People who can raise funds are vital for campaigning organisations. If this is where your interests and/or skills lie, we definitely need you!
- Skilled at creating graphics? If you would be happy to create graphics and/or videos as and when needed, let us know.
- And finally… In charge: co-conveners needed. Responsibilities will include coordinating the work of the organisation and representing YSCND at external events. This is an important role where you will learn a lot and get great enjoyment, so please let us know if you would like to discuss this further.
Are you interested?
Please send your name and membership number to email@example.com, along with a line on how you would like to get involved.
We look forward to working together.